Hi guys! Welcome back! Here’s a tutorial from sevengymnasticsgirls on how to do a front walkover. TAKE YOU TIME ON THIS SKILL! It took me while to get this skill. If your still having trouble getting over ( coming up ) on this skill, Try push off your hand ( blocking ) more. The flexibility will come in time. Try doing a couple handstands, and pushing off your arms . You don’t have to have a trampoline to practice those drills. Good luck!
This is a special post requested by: vickislettersfromtheheart. I hope this helps Viki!
Ok. Rewind the video to 4:39 and watch from there because he talks a lot. 🙂 MAKE SURE you do your normal stretching and warm ups, so you don’t hurt yourselves! Hold each position he gives you for 20 to 25 seconds. These stretches will help your kicks get higher, and also if your a cheerleader and need you bow and arrow, these stretches will stretch out your hips and hamstrings to be able to do that skill. In order to get your kicks much higher, it helps to have your full middle split. ( or at least almost all the way down ). Also it helps to have a lots of power and CONTROL. Sometimes I go and watch my brother at his karate class, and his teacher always mentions control each time. Find a wall or chair in your home, and do the practice kicks that he did at 9:57. It takes time to get all this, but you can do it! Don’t get frustrated if you can’t get your middle split in 2 days. It took me about 2 weeks worth of stretching to achieve my splits. Just stretch and practice, practice, practice everyday.
Hey guys! Welcome back! Here is a video on how to get more flexible, and great stretching techniques. REMEMBER! This girl your learning from is super flexible and she is a contortionist. So please don’t push yourself to hard. If you need help with getting a split, here’s some tips I have for you.
- Find your good leg that is more flexible, and easier to go into your split. ( most of the time it’s the one you do a cartwheel with. )
2. Go into your split, as far as you can go, and take both arms and put them to the right ( or left ) side of you leg. Make sure your elbows and forearms are on the ground next to your leg. Hold for 10 seconds.
3. Sit up on your knees then put your “good leg” out, and put your nose to your knee, do this for 10 seconds.
4. Go into a lunge position. Keep your back knee off the floor. Hold for 10 seconds.
5. Go into your split and hold for 5-10 seconds.
6. Do this every day! You will get your split in no time. Push a little farther each day. You can do it!💙
7. When you get your split take a small object, put it under your front leg your splitting with, and try an over split! It’s so much fun! Don’t push your self to hard.
This video is for a little extra stretching.